Several CMSs earned vast popularity among developers for building online stores – WooCommerce is one of those. As a top-rated online platform for an eCommerce website development, it is the most appropriate option irrespective of the type of online store you are in need to develop. Be it simplicity or versatility, WooCommerce is popular for eCommerce store development for numerous reasons.
If we compare it to WordPress, WooCommerce also offers a custom theme and plugin economy and also convinces with its simple modular structure. So, if you are also planning to develop your online store on this platform, you need to go through its various advantages and disadvantages.
Let’s take a look at several advantages of leveraging WooCommerce development.
• WooCommerce is popular for having low shop cost and also higher scalability if you compare it to various other types of shop systems.
• It allows developers to avail of fast setup by using WooCommerce wizard. One doesn’t need to have in-depth knowledge regarding HTML and CSS.
• With WooCommerce, one can avail of numbers of both free and paid themes and plugins. You can easily find WooCommerce plugins by using the WordPress plugin directory. If you need to use paid WooCommerce extensions, you can find them at WooCommerce.com and various other websites. You can use the WordPress theme directory to find free themes to use for WooCommerce development. Besides, if you are looking for paid themes, you can access the website called Themeforest.
• With this platform for online store development, you can get ownership of WooCommerce – economy, which ensures quality development.
• Another great benefit of choosing WooCommerce for online store development is it lets you enjoy access to the large international community. You can use the WordPress support forum to access them.
Apart from various advantages, WooCommerce development has certain disadvantages as well. Take a look at some of its disadvantages.
• The major disadvantage of the WooCommerce platform is it’s focused only on the US market, which causes several issues with adaptations and also features requests to those of many current legal situations from time to time. In case of some major legal changes including GDPR compliance & website privacy rules, you should always check whether WooCommerce or various other extensions tend to make adjustments. So, you need to keep an eye on the Make Blog of WooCommerce, which helps you be aware of the latest changes in the beta version, WooCommerce plugin, etc.
• Another setback of WooCommerce is that it doesn’t include any type of legal text including important terms and conditions, revocation regulations, data protection declaration, shipping regulations, and more.
• Whenever you wish to update your WooCommerce website, you need to test. The main reason for this is its dependability for themes and plugins on others. It indicates that if you use the WooCommerce platform to introduce certain updates, you are not supposed to access the update. Before doing so, you need to test your website thoroughly. The actual reason for the same is due to the availability of various plugins, you will experience multiple issues with your online store.