Mat RyerHappy work eve everyone.00:55 AM - 04 Jan 2021
Tips to help re-adjust on the day after "Work Eve"
- Take notes the day or two before an
out-of-office(OOO) to review when you return
- Make it a short story
- Make it an outline with bullets of important aspects
- Consider scheduling a few short videos calls that can be recorded (
don't forget to ask!) to help capture and preserve
- Be kind to yourself and create a simple To-do list of "chores" that can be performed when starting the return "to-work-day"
1. Clear Email 2. Remove Auto Replies 3. Standup 4. Read Slack Notes 5. Drink Coffee
I took vacation starting December 14th, 2020, and have returned to work today January 4th, 2021 and it feels like forever since I was on my work laptop.
As I was pouring my morning coffee I thought to myself, "What was I working on?" and for a moment I felt a weird panic then I realized I took a few notes for myself on SublimeText before I went on vacation and also had a recorded Zoom call with my teammate prior to going on holiday.
I felt relieved.