Heard the insightful podcast „Is htmx the way to Go?“ with htmx creator Carson Gross (@htmx_org) on the changelog podcast.
tl;dr: Job market for react is stronger (obviously), but #htmx can enable sweet spot of achieving updates in backend + frontend more quickly (maintainability).
For usage in php, as far as I know:
- Craft CMS: Sprig https://putyourlightson.com/plugins/sprig
- Laravel: laravel-htmx, but you could also use Livewire (similiar approach)
- TYPO3: Topwire https://topwire.dev/
- WordPress: htmxpress (WIP) https://2022.vandragt.com/project/introducing-htmxpress-htmx-for-wordpress/
- Symfony Stimulus (similiar approach) https://symfony.com/bundles/StimulusBundle/current/index.html
What else is out there? Have you already used htmx in real world projects? 🤗
Got some replies here:
htmx decided to not have a build script like Svelte, to enable easier participation for open development https://htmx.org/essays/no-build-step/
@t3dotgg also talked about this sweet spot here: