For more than a decade we’ve been adapting, innovating and collaborating to shape new learning possibilities for over 2 million kids and 75,000 teachers. Our mission is to inspire all students to think differently about math and love it. We have a creative and fun office environment (foosball table, awesome coffee, dog and kid-friendly) and a work-life-balanced company culture that acknowledges hard work while encouraging innovation and professional growth.
Our award-winning online math software is a pioneer in the EdTech space, and we continue to be at the forefront of the industry. Our adaptive technology, rigorous curriculum, and game-like environment work together to provide a unique learning experience that’s like no other.
About The Opportunity
We are an Agile shop, and our team is made up of a diverse group of self-motivated, passionate, and adaptive software engineers. Our Interactive Software Development Engineers create and implement interactive designs for students to experience on desktops and tablets. We are seeking to add a new senior member to the team—someone with technical and people leadership skills, and strong desire to grow with the company and improve the lives of children and learning guardians.
A typical day in this position involves working with engineers, artists, UI/UX designers, and teachers, to create, deliver and support high-quality software. You will be designing and building interactive components to provide a rich and engaging experience for students to explore and master mathematical concepts.
We are seeking someone with a passion for learning, not afraid of challenges, and a knack for solving hard problems. We are changing the lives of students, teachers, and families with our software, and you will play a critical role in expanding and supporting the content and platform that are at the heart of our product offering.
We work on the cutting edge of a lot of technologies. We need someone who is a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things done, and productive working independently and collaboratively. Successful interactive software development engineers at DreamBox are highly-motivated and productive coders with a strong background in Object Oriented Programming and an appreciation for smooth animations, elegant UI, tasteful transitions, game mechanics, and steady frame rates. They also have experience with a variety of client-side platforms and technologies and have collaborated to ship software successfully.
This person will take on the following responsibilities:
- Create content for our DreamBox Learning experience.
- Help us improve our software platform.
- Operate in a collaborative development environment.
- Help us refine development processes and strategies.
- Deliver quality work to meet our deadlines.
- Support and maintain released software.
- Grow into a technical and people leader.
Skill & Qualifications
- 5+ years of professional programming experience.
- Recent and extensive working knowledge in designing and implementing interactive software.
- Expertise in writing and cross-browser web applications.
- Experience with client-server technologies, like REST, HTTP, JSON.
- Experience implementing designs for a user experience across desktop and tablet devices.
- Solid understanding of the DOM and Canvas.
- Front-end debugging experience using tools such as Charles Web Proxy, Firebug and - Chrome developer tools.
- Self-motivated and passionate about software engineering and technology.
How To Apply
Please feel free to leave questions in the comments section.
Top comments (1)
Hi Lorenzo, does this person need to be in person or is remote only okay?