This boilerplate extension can be used for devs as a starting point for creating your own extensions.
Once installed it observes the 3 most common events: Before the page load, after page load, and clicking the extension button on the browser top bar.
For each event it writes a message on DevTools console (press F12 to see it).
manifest is configured to work on every https and http page, but is up to you to define your own.
- Get the files from github.com/llagerlof/fresh-chrome-extension and put them inside some directory.
- Open the browser extension page: chrome://extensions
- Check the developer mode on top right.
Load Unpackedand select the extension directory.
- Open any website.
- Open developer tools and look at the console. You will see 2 messages. One message was written before page load, the other was written after page load.
- Click the extension button on browser top bar and watch the console. A third message will be written (don't forget that new extensions are hidden inside the Chrome "puzzle" button, on top right).