Hey friends 👋
Yes, this happened. Even though I've joined DEV on Aug 7, 2018, I’ve only been writing on DEV for a total of maybe 9.5 months. I’ve written a total of 12 posts (including this one). There are many more in my drafts page, waiting to be revisited and hoping to see the light one day. My Postwoman project is one of the reasons why I was able to accomplish this figure.
This post is dedicated to my first ever #AskMeAnything. You can ask me anything in comment box and I'll answer them.
"Pay your rent from open source 💸" is my favorite article I wrote so far.
Here's some of the major takeaways I found while writing:
- Keep it under 4 minutes long
- Don’t be too descriptive (people like to skim)
- List form articles do best
- Develop click-bait headings
- Comment on interested and relevant articles
- You have to engage and you have to do it more than others to grow faster
- Respond to every comment you receive
Keep these points in mind and you’ll be developing the perfect content for DEV.
If you want a heads up on my next projects, or just want to chat about the web, life and happiness make sure to follow me @liyasthomas on Twitter 💙. If any of my projects helped you please consider making a donation.