Starlink is a satellite internet constellation being constructed by SpaceX providing satellite Internet access. - wiki
High-speed, low latency broadband internet. Starlink is now delivering initial beta service both domestically and internationally, and will continue expansion to near global coverage of the populated world in 2021. As of now (2021), around 1500+ Starlink satellites are there in orbit. and do you know they are targeting around 42,000 Starlink satellites by 2027.
- Latency is the time it takes to send data from one point to the next. When satellites are far from Earth, latency is high, resulting in poor performance for activities like video calls and online gaming.
- Starlink satellites are over 60 times closer to Earth than traditional satellites, resulting in lower latency and the ability to support services typically not possible with traditional satellite internet.
- Starlink is ideally suited for areas of the globe where connectivity has typically been a challenge. Unbounded by traditional ground infrastructure, Starlink can deliver high-speed broadband internet to locations where access has been unreliable or completely unavailable.
- The collaboration between Starlink and cloud providers will allow, cloud providers to deliver new offerings for both the public and the private sector.
- Cloud providers can provide better computing pro capabilities in hybrid or challenging environments, including remote areas.
Some of the key providers are in Race to connect with SpaceX Starlink.
- Microsoft partners with SpaceX Starlink to connect to Azure cloud on Oct 2020.
- Azure has launched it's new service named Azure Orbital, this will connect satellites with the cloud.
- Starlink will connect with new "Azure Modular Datacenters".
- GoogleCloud partners with SpaceX Starlink to connect to Google CLoud on May 2021.
- Starlink satellites will connect with Google’s private fiber-optic network
- SpaceX will install ground stations at Google data centers.
- How can we forget Amazon when talking about service providers.
- Amazon offers a service to connect its AWS cloud to satellites and is working on a competitor to Starlink called Kuiper.
Stay tuned with me. I love this topic, will continue to publish more.