You don't need a server to host your comment system, you can easily host Kucos on Vercel and database on Mongo Atlas where 500mb is for free (for comments it is a lot space :)).
Kucos is focused on complete user privacy and data security, that' s why commenting is completely anonymous, no account is needed.
A simple Markdown is also available, here you can check out the available Markdown.
- Writing new comments
- Reply to comments
- Fast quote comments (select text and click Reply)
- Hidding/showing children comments
- Voting on comments
- Markdown text formatting
- Adding Kudos under post
- Edit own comments within an hour
- Simple moderation of comments by the website owner Screenshot
- Checking whether a comment is spam. (Akismet)
- Fast and lightweight code highlighting in comments
To add Kucos to your website you only need to add two additional lines.
Installation of Kucos is very simple, you need to download the source code then rename the config.example.js file to config.js and fill it in correctly.
$ git clone https://github.com/kucosjs/kucos
$ mv config.example.js config.js
$ vim config.js
Now all you have to do is npm install, run the command gulp and node index.js to start the server.
$ npm install
$ node index.js
Posted on by: