Here is a collection of articles and videos that have been invaluable to me:
Tyler McGinnis Both his blog and videos are incredible and if I wasn’t a fulltime student I would totally take one of his paid classes. He is my go-to for anytime I need a really good explanation. Here are links to some of his free videos/blog posts that have helped me immensely:
- Understanding the "This" Keyword Great article and video on the ever so confusing “this” keyword in JS.
- Imperative vs. Declarative Programming A must read, part of his React Fundamentals course
- Server Rendering with React Everything you need to know about React Router
- React Interview Questions Some common interview qs you should study up on!
Scrimba - Learn React for Free If you haven’t heard of Scrimba before, it is amazing. This course by Bob Ziroll is how I was able to comprehend the fundamentals of React. What’s cool about Scrimba is you can click inside the video at any time and code inside the editor. Check it out!
I love the simplicity of this video explaining the differences/similarities of React, Angular and Vue
- State vs. Props This blog post by Lucy Bain will have you understanding the differences of state and props in React in no time!
So there you have it, these are some of my best resources that have helped level me up from complete beginner to amateur with more confidence 😄. It is truly amazing all of the free materials that are out there for us to use but it’s all a matter of finding the ones that keep us engaged and feeling like we’re actually learning something. I hope you get a chance to check these out and hopefully you can benefit from them as much as I have. Happy coding everyone! 🦄