You have probably installed a new version of android studio, and then all of a sudden the emulator is not opening . It keeps displaying the message
Connecting to emulator.
and this is probably taking longer than usual.
I faced this same issue after installing anew version of android studio. I tried the following solutions from stack overflow
- Creating a new emulator
- Cold booting the emulator
- Wiping the emulator data
All these solutions did not work.
So how did i solve this problem of emulator taking long and most importantly how can you solve it as well.
The emulator is taking long to connect mostly probably because your android emulator sdk is out of date.
So the solution to uninstall it or update.
To do this, head over to android studio
- From the toolbar of android studio open
- Then select
Sdk managerfrom the dropdown menu
- The android sdk section should appear.
- Under the 'Android sdk' section, select SDK tools tab.
- Under the
SDK toolstab look for the android emulator
- Uncheck the box appearing besides the android emulator and
click apply buttonto unistall the emulator
- After uninstalling, it should now display as not installed.
check the box againto
installthe emulator again. After installation it should appear as installed. Close android studio and open it again
And now when you click
run the emulator should open as expected.
Hopefully this solves your problem as it solved mine.