Hello everyone! Finally, after a long journey, we have finally reached Release 0.4, the final journey of the OSD course! The task was to select an open source project or a school open source project that had been done in the past release tasks, and perform tasks such as adding functions or fixing bugs. So, I tried to work on the telescope at first, but in the end I decided to make a number of new features and improvements to the Todo-list app that I was working on with continuous updates!
Repository: Todo-list app
In fact, the reason I personally chose this project is very simple.. Because it is the project that has been updated and improved by investing the most time and effort while performing the OSD course on the open project, I wanted to continue to upgrade the project. Also, I wanted to spend more time on an existing one and make a definite improvement than wasting time looking for another project :)
Project Repo - issue
I actually thought a lot about this open project. Because, in fact, as a Todo-list, it has almost all the elements it should have, so I thought a lot about improvement or function. It seems that I have been thinking about what functions to add for almost 3 or 4 days.
So, in the end, I think there are four major improvements.
- Display current time+weather(can utilize external api).
- Based on the time automatically change the dark-light mode.
- Insert more animations to good effect.
- Progressive bar to check easily how many tasks have been done and need to do.
The reason for choosing the above improvement is first, the dark mode that I added is still inexperienced, so it adds more detail and naturalness, and secondly, most schedule APIs provide information about time and simple weather. I wanted to give them a level of perfection similar to them. Thirdly, because I thought it would be better to add a progress bar to show the progress and completion of the Todo-list more clearly.
In fact, because I was worried and doing assignments in other subjects, I sent an issue to the owner of the open source project from the end of November and got permission to work on the repo. My plan is to complete items 1 and 2 above within this week and items 3 and 4 next week. However, there seems to be a possibility that episodes 1 and 2 will be extended until next week. Because the most difficult parts are the 1st and 2nd. However, we will do our best to keep the progress on schedule.