In this article, we will discover some common applications in the tech world that every developer should learn how to use it.
No more waiting, let’s jump into them one by one:
Git is an open-source distributed version control system designed to manage source code from small to large projects.
Some features that git supports for:
- It’s free and open-source so anyone can contribute to its development.
- It’s easy to learn.
- Git is small and fast.
- Create multiple branches that fit your project.
- Tracking the history of your code.
- Easy to distribute development and collaboration.
- Back up your code so you can reverse the change anytime.
Every tech company nowadays uses version control for their code so having an understanding of version control systems is a skill that is required for every professional developer.
Trello is the software platform that helps you on managing your project. It supports multiple templates that fit best for the need of the project and is easy to scale up from time to time.
- Trello application is based on Kanban-style board with board, lists, and cards.
- Colorful and customizable board that is fun to work with.
- Automation your team workflow with Butler.
- Trello is easy to learn and understand the concept of it.
- Checklist and due date for each task.
- Smart assign tasks for team members.
Trello is a popular application in management and many companies from small to large are using Trello daily. Trello is now used by more than 19 million people — according to Atlassian.
Slack is an instant message application for communication in fast, secure, and organized ways. Slack was first created as an application for professionals and organizations but now it adapt and become more and more popular as a community platform.
- Secure and private text messages, voice calls, and video calls.
- Organize all related work in a central space with Channels.
- Security and enterprise support on multi-level of accessibility.
- Integration with other apps like google drive, office 365…
- Manage, search, and track documents, and files.
With over 10 million active users per day, Slack is becoming one of the most used instant message systems for enterprises, especially in tech companies.
When talking about which note-taking application is most used and trusted, people usually think about Notion. It is a software platform designed for members of organizations, and individuals to take their knowledge, manage workflow, assign tasks, document, and a lot more.
With the support of multiple templates and customizable components on each Notion’s document page, you can make any kind of document or note that fit you.
Notion can especially handy when come to documenting your learning process on new tech. In my personal experience, this is the best application for taking notes.
Some noticeable features of Notion:
- Management, scheduling, and planning projects with tables and boards.
- Shared calendar for better visualize the workflow.
- File storage.
- Easy to customize document page.
- Easy to create links and sync between pages.
- Multiple database management for the document as you like.
- Multiple blocks and components fit every use case you want.
- And many more…
With over 30 million users in 2022, Notion has become more and more popular as the best application for organizing and documenting.
Jira is a project management software dedicated to teams that use Agile in their product development. Developed by Atlassian — a big cooperation with multiple platforms for project management, Jira is one of the best options when it comes to Agile project management. Because of developed from a big company with many platforms, Jira can support a ton of cross-platforms that make your project easy to manage and integrate.
Some of the best features of Jira are:
- Support for Agile project management life cycle.
- Create a template for user stories that fit your team’s needs.
- Multi-platforms integrate into a single source of trust.
- Easy to plan and track your project.
- Automate many processes through multi-platforms sync.
- Vivid chart and report that keep you better judgment on project flow.
- Up-to-date release report.
- And many more…
According to the 2021 State of Agile report, Jira has become the most popular recommended Agile software on the entire internet.
That's all for today's topic. Thank you for reading.
If you like this article feel free to like and share it. And check out my blog for more articles like this at: https://junedang.com