How to design a great API
Suz, Amal, and Chris join Jerod to discuss what APIs are all about, share some APIs they admire, and lay out principles and practices we can all use in our APIs.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- AWS Amplify – AWS Amplify is a suite of tools and services that enable developers to build full-stack serverless and cloud-based web and mobile apps using their framework and technology of choice. Amplify gives you easy access to hosting, authentication, managed GraphQL, serverless functions, APIs, machine learning, chatbots, and storage for files like images, videos, and pdfs. Learn more and get started for free at awsamplify.info/JSParty
- Raygun – With Raygun Error and Performance Monitoring you have all the information you need at your fingertips to quickly find and fix errors and performance issues across your tech stack down to the line of code. Get started with a free 14-day trial, head to raygun.com and join thousands of customer-centric software teams who use Raygun every day.
- Linode – Get $100 in free credit to get started on Linode – our cloud of choice and the home of Changelog.com. Head to linode.com/changelog OR text CHANGELOG to 474747 to get instant access to that $100 in free credit.
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
- Suz Hinton – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Christopher Hiller – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Amal Hussein – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- Stripe’s latest Increment Magazine is focused on the topic of APIs! 🙌🏻
- This Increment article in particular is a great commentary on how APIs need to change to support future computer software
- An ode to jQuery
- GraphQL Bacon
- Azure Cognitive Services
- What up, docs
- Chesterton’s Fence