10 a11y mistakes to avoid
Spotify’s Tryggvi Gylfason joins Emma & Nick to discuss common accessibility mistakes and tips for avoiding them!
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Raygun – With Raygun Error and Performance Monitoring you have all the information you need at your fingertips to quickly find and fix errors and performance issues across your tech stack down to the line of code. Get started with a free 14-day trial, head to raygun.com and join thousands of customer-centric software teams who use Raygun every day.
- DevDiscuss – An original podcast by team behind dev.to — hosted by DEV co-founders Ben Halpern and Jess Lee. The podcast brings on notable industry guests to discuss trends and timeless software topics to help developers succeed within their teams and grow.
- Square – Develop on the platform that sellers trust! Use API Explorer to interact with, test, or play with your applications in Square. You can build, view, and send HTTP requests that call Square APIs with API Explorer. Get started with Square, check out the API Explorer, or the API Explorer docs.
- Tryggvi Gylfason – Twitter, GitHub
- Emma Bostian – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Nick Nisi – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- Ten Usability Heuristics
- Jen Simmon’s CSS Media Query Code Snippet
- CSS Remedy
- UI Traps
- Intentionally Bad User Interfaces
- Visually hide an element with CSS
- Udacity Web Accessibility course
- Inclusive Components by Heydon Pickering
- On Demand Live Region