What motivates companies to move towards developing mobile apps using Progressive Web Apps (PWA)? How can you characterize the users of a native or PWA mobile apps? How does React hold up in a real-world situation?
Cher Scarlett talks with John and Ward about her experiences working on the Starbucks PWA, and moving from Vue to React. Along the way we discuss her story of moving from Vue.js to React.js and the plethora of programming platforms and languages that Cher has expertise in.
Recording date: 2020-01-21
- Starbucks PWA
- React and ASP.NET Core
- Progressive Web Apps (PWAs)
- Case Study on the Starbucks PWA
- React and Redux
- Webflow apps
- React's context for state
- marko js from eBay
- Intro to React hooks
- Vue composition api
- Vue composition api in the wild
- 01:17:17 Guest introduction
- 04:38:11 Why go PWA?
- 08:08:16 Can you characterize PWA user vs mobile app user?
- 10:21:20 Moving from Vue to React
- 18:09:00 How did you handle data?
- 25:09:00 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 26:08:12 Writing with hooks and functional components