The upcoming release of ASP.NET Core 6 brings a pretty interesting feature set referred to as “Minimal APIs”.
While they seem pretty interesting to me and many others, some folks are not fans and can be quite vocal about it, so I thought about taking quick look, put things in perspective, as well as compare with other tech stacks.
It’s a bit of a different video, less coding and more talking about stuff, hope it’s interesting.
Here come a bunch of related links:
- Todo REST API with ASP.NET Core Minimal APIs
- RealWorld example apps
- Carter library taking advantage of the new APIs
- Branchy repo adding nested routing support on top of Minimal APIs
- David Fowler rememebering us these new APIs work in tandem with everything that already existed
- Site aggregating the main themes that are tackled in each .NET release
- Video - Explore Minimal APIs with Maria Naggaga
- Video - ASP.NET Community Standup - Minimal APIs
- Video - ASP.NET Community Standup - Simplifying web apps with new minimal APIs in ASP.NET Core 6
- ASP.NET Core updates in .NET 6 Preview 4
- ASP.NET Core updates in .NET 6 Preview 7
Hope this video/post is useful to get a grasp on what’s going on with ASP.NET Core 6 and Minimal APIs.
Let me know your thoughts not only on this subject, but also if this kind of content is useful.
Thanks for stopping by, cyaz!