The Dark Web could be a very scary but fun place to be (just like earth), where everyone go around all masked up.
Tor is free, open-source software that helps you stay anonymous online. At first glance, it operates just like a normal web browser. But beneath the surface, there’s a lot more going on. Tor randomly directs all your traffic through a network of servers around the world, wrapping it in several layers of encryption to keep it safe from prying eyes.
You can think of this encryption like the layers of an onion; in fact, Tor actually stands for “The Onion Router.”
Tor allows you to:
- Browse Privately.
- Explore Freely.
- Defend yourself against tracking and surveillance.
- Circumvent censorship.
Also you can only use the Tor browser to go around the dark web (.onion sites) 🤔
Wasabi Wallet — A virtual Bitcoin wallet that lets you manage your cryptocurrency anonymously.
Wasabi Wallet URL: http://wasabiukrxmkdgve5kynjztuovbg43uxcbcxn6y2okcrsg7gb6jdmbad.onion
DuckDuckGo — A search engine that indexes .onion sites and doesn’t track your search history or use ad trackers.
DuckDuckGo URL: https://duckduckgogg42xjoc72x3sjasowoarfbgcmvfimaftt6twagswzczad.onion/
The Hidden Wiki — A directory of the Dark Web that helps you locate pages and tools that may be of interest to you.
The Hidden Wiki URL: http://zqktlwiuavvvqqt4ybvgvi7tyo4hjl5xgfuvpdf6otjiycgwqbym2qad.onion/
ProtonMail — A secure email service that keeps you anonymous.
ProtonMail link URL: https://protonirockerxow.onion/
- Don’t click links that you aren’t familiar with.
- Use the correct URL to ensure you don’t connect to a malicious onion site. If you’re unsure, confirm the URL from multiple sources first.
- Never use your personal email address to sign up for anything — use a secure Dark Web email service to make a new account.
- Use strong passwords that are unique for every individual account and enable two-factor authentication.
- Avoid connecting through proxy services like Tor2Web. While proxies let you connect to .onion websites through your regular browser, they’re not secure and may put your data at risk.
- Cover your webcam and microphone to prevent anyone from spying on you.
- Don’t download anything, as hackers may try to trick you into installing malware.
- Use extreme caution before buying anything, as Dark Web marketplaces are filled with scammers.
To get started, visit the official website to download the Tor Browser.
PS: Always stay safe & Have fun.