I was a little all over the place with brainstorming. Here are the five that seem best to me. What is most interesting to you? Suggestions?
[EDIT: As per CNC2018 instructions, I'm narrowing it down to 3 to do now based on feedback, bolded, comments below]
- More to indie development than coding: Administrative stuff to go along with publishing your first app [iOS Dev: how to get set up as a developer business]
- Setting up an App Store version workflow as an indie developer [iOS Dev: pushing out test versions - making sense of numbers, testing, and what text goes to Apple v your customers]
- DRY - Save time with reusable elements for iOS apps [iOS Dev: creating apps without the storyboard with reusable resources]
- Set up and maintain your static blog in X Steps [Blogging: how to set up a jekyll blog and maintain current on ftp without github!]
- Scripts for managing assets with ease [Images for blogs and apps: how to automate the process of removing image data and resizing]
Why did I choose the ones that I did?
- More to indie development than coding: Administrative stuff to go along with publishing your first app - I think that this is a real scary place. I almost stopped at this point because it seemed too complicated. I'd like to help people see that it is just a few things to do.
- Setting up an App Store version workflow as an indie developer - I honestly need to document my own process and stay consistent. There are many potential pitfalls here and places where a little preparation can make everything smooth.
- Set up and maintain your static blog in X Steps - There are so many bloggers using wordpress or would be bloggers just lost because it seems so complicated that I want to share my experience.
Format: I'm going to go with Tutorial/flow chart/cheat sheet type style for all of these, but I haven't decided on final output.
Top comments (5)
Those all seem like really great posts. I'd definitely read indie-dev-oriented content.
I'm curious about #2 & #5!
4 is i need
They are all good topics. 1. Is a topic I've never really seen discussed before, very interesting. 4. I'd really like to read this one.