In today’s day and age, how do you think businesses survive? The answer is multidimensional, but one aspect with an unrivaled significance is a website. With 25 percent of the world’s population dabbling into eCommerce, a robust online presence is indispensable for commercial ventures to stay afloat. But, what goes behind developing a high-performance website, and what do digital bigwigs like Instagram, LinkedIn, and Netflix have in common? The answer is a reliable web application framework!
Simply put, a web framework is a software framework that offers a set of tools to support the development of web applications, such as web services, web resources, and web APIs. It includes an array of pre-written components, code snippets, and application templates to ease the burden of web developers. A web framework is pivotal for building dynamic, interactive, and smooth applications. It serves as a wireframe to ensure that developers can focus on features instead of configuration details. If you are also tiptoeing into web applications and looking for the best framework for SaaS applications, read ahead.
1. React.js – To begin with, React is not a framework. Instead, it is a frontend library that many developers consider a framework and is usually compared in that context. Some of the pertinent advantages of React.js are –
- React supports diverse tech languages and stacks, enabling it to combine new features with code. In the case of mobile development, we have the React Native framework dedicated to hybrid mobile development.
- React.js quickly interprets HTML-based code into the actual page layout and fosters declarative views for web development.
- React provides a toolkit that makes it easier for indexation bots to understand the context of a page and improve your site's performance.
- Angular uses HTML to build user interfaces and break functionality in modules and hence is perfect for the management of complex internet applications.
- It also supports the latest versions of Edge, Chrome, Android, iOS, and Firefox.
- The most significant advantage of Angular is that it is open-source. In other words, the Angular code is free under the MIT license.
3. Django - It is a Model-View-Template framework that utilizes Python for web development. Django is co-opted by towering names like Google, Youtube, and Instagram. It is known for being versatile and highly scalable. Some of the benefits of Django are –
- It comes with batteries-include features that facilitate authentication and messaging.
- Django provides tools and techniques for developers to build a secure website or implement security features within the framework itself.
- If you are looking for the best framework for SaaS applications in the shortest timeframe, Django should be your best bet. The framework is famous for its incredible speed.
4. Laravel –It is a full-stack web development framework catering to both backend and frontend developers. Due to its expressive and elegant syntax, many deem Lavarel the ideal documentation framework. Its advantages include –
- Lavarel comes with multi-language support. You can seamlessly add or use any language to the present translations in the Lavarel-Lang Package.
- It offers a phenomenal blade template through which you can separate web page slicing from the PHP code.
- Lastly, Lavarel has a built-in SCSS and script translator.
5. Vue.js – It is a web framework for frontend development. If you are looking for the best framework for SaaS applications that promises high speed and excellent scalability, Vue.js should be your go-to choice. It is equipped with simple core functionality, which you can improve with add-ons, APIS, and libraries. Some of the pros of Vue.js are –
- You can edit styles and templates in a separate file. The single file components of Vue.js mark segments of the code, improving readability and providing an appearance similar to the actual frontend.
- Vue.js has a CLI project generator with an intuitive wizard that makes it easy for developers to start a new project and transfer data from one codebase to another.
- Vue docs are famous for being well-organized and highly lucid.
- It can be used for both the frontend and backend. Thus, Node.js can be reused on the client and server sides.
- The V8 engine on which Node.js is built is much faster than the engines used by other programming languages. As such, it offers fast performance. If you want to compute the cost of building a web application using Node.js, having a web development cost calculator always comes in handy.
7. Meteor – It is a web development framework that supports different browsers and mobile devices and is renowned for its specialized cross-platform applications. Meteor is currently among the fastest and most widely used frameworks. Why? Let us find out.
- Meteor is simple and easy to use with primitive syntax. Therefore, Meteor will not be helpful for complex web projects but is perfect for projects.
- It uses accessible ‘methods’ to link clients and servers. All requests that a user sends are processed on the server-side by a ‘method.’ You can join a specific method to a particular type of user request, ensuring a better process.
- Meteor's versatility means that it may be used in a variety of contexts, including front- and back-end development, REST API integration, and mobile app creation.
8. Ruby on Rails –It is a full-fledged, multi-level web development framework based on MVC architecture. Some of the benefits of Ruby on Rails are –
- It offers an extremely high speed of web development.
- Due to its simple coding language, novice developers can also use Ruby on Rails.
- It comes with ready-to-use standard ROR tools and a set of pre-created solutions.
There we have it, the eight best web frameworks . In case you are looking to develop a web application for your business, opting for a web development cost calculator is a smart move as you can have a precursory idea of the expenses. Thus, your business plan will be better and stronger.