Nothing special at the moment, but the front end isn't just a white page with some console logs.
But! When a new player joins the market, this happens:
There is a little banner saying a new shop has entered the market, and subtely 10 new 🍏 have entered the market. If another shop joins, 10 more 🍏 are added, and so on and so on.
- I'm not touching AWS anymore (because it's done for what I need)
- I have a grip on how Pusher works. It's pretty straight forward. Fire off event to channel. People in channel get event's stuff. Boom, done.
- Started the idea of there being a master table for the current state of the market (pretend you read about it in the Emoji Economy section of the newspaper each morning)
- I have an idea for where I want to go with this "MVP"
- I also know where I want to expand on this later. Presence channels would make this pretty cool with where I'm going with it, but I don't think a minimum viable demo needs that right now. And I like the idea of it being a truly free market, rather than locked behind an auth page 😛
- Make the messages area a bit more useful, so that more events can be added later
- Add the concept of selling 🍏s, to remove them from the market
- Have things not sell if price is too high or low (the apples must be rotten if you're undercutting the market that much!)
- Flesh out the Global Market section to have more emojis, more types of emojis, not look like junk, etc
- Add selling emojis to customers (NPCs) and setting prices for your emojis
- Time permitting, add preferences for selling things. A knight might pay more for a 🗡️ but won't be apt to pay all that much extra for a 🎈
Also, there's a pretty massive oversight with how this is architectured right now. I'm totally going to make it a "feature" not a bug 🐛 Following along with the "What's New" section might help show it 😇