Duration: December 27 - January 16, 2022
In prizes: $9,450
1. Experts Nomination - a specially selected jury will determine winners:
🥇 1st place - $4,000
🥈 2nd place - $2,000
🥉 3rd place - $1,000
🌟 4-10th places - $100
2. Community winners - applications that will receive the most votes in total:
🥇 1st place - $1,000
🥈 2nd place - $500
🥉 3rd place - $250
If several participants score the same amount of votes, they all are considered winners, and the money prize is shared among the winners.
Who can participate?
Any Developer Community member, except for InterSystems employees (ISC contractors allowed). Create an account!
👥 Developers can team up to create a collaborative application. Allowed from 2 to 5 developers in one team.
Do not forget to highlight your team members in the README of your application – DC user profiles.
🛠 December 27 - January 9_: _Application development and registration phase.
✅ January 10 - 16_: _Voting period.
Note: Developers can improve their apps throughout the entire registration and voting period.
One of the most discussed problems with our previous programming contests is the lack of datasets. Every time you have a project idea about a particular subject area or industry, you need a related dataset, and part of the work with the contest is to find/prepare/load the dataset.
That’s why we decided to have a dataset contest! Let’s bring several helpful datasets to the InterSystems Community!
What are we looking for?
Present a repository that will load a dataset into the InterSystems IRIS namespace.
This could be done ideally with a ZPM package, and the data can be inside the package, or the package can have a method that loads data from the URL into the IRIS instance. Anyways your project, once installed, should bring a class (classes) and its data for it that are related to a particular topic, subject area, idea, industry, name it.
The project should suggest how to use data - SQL query, REST API, or both.
Visualization of the data is a plus. Both visualization and API (if any) can be delivered with another project, but it’s not mandatory.
We don’t limit you in the ways, how the data can be stored in the repository. E.g., this could be:
- Export of the global(-s) (preferably in XML than in GOF format).
- An SQL script that creates data
- An ObjectScript (or java, js, python, name it) that generates data in IRIS
- Integration with external Data API
Here are the project examples, that deliver the thing:
- Class naming convention. Start the class names with: dc.data.your_name.class. E.g. if there is a dataset on trading data the class names could be: dc.data.finance.transaction, dc.data.finance.instrument.
- The reference to the source of data. If you take the dataset from somewhere on the Internet and adapt it to InterSystems IRIS format, please provide the link to the source. If this is your data, please provide the license of the usage.
- The ZPM package should start with a“dataset-” name, e.g., dataset-countries, dataset-titanic.
- And as usual, we’ll have technical bonuses for docker, demo, article, zpm, video, etc.
- Provide the license to a dataset.
👉 Common license types for datasets (the source)
- Accepted applications: new to Open Exchange apps or existing ones, but with a significant improvement. Our team will review all applications before approving them for the contest.
- The application should work either on IRIS Community Edition or IRIS for Health Community Edition or IRIS Advanced Analytics Community Edition.
- The application should be Open Source and published on GitHub.
- The README file to the application should be in English, contain the installation steps, and contain either the video demo or/and a description of how the application works.
1. For beginners with InterSystems IRIS:
2. For beginners with ObjectScript Package Manager (ZPM):
- How to Build, Test and Publish ZPM Package with REST Application for InterSystems IRIS
- Package First Development Approach with InterSystems IRIS and ZPM
3. How to submit your app to the contest:
4. And more:
Voting rules will be announced soon. Stay tuned!
We're waiting for YOUR project – join our coding marathon to win!
❗️ Please check out the Official Contest Terms here.❗️