What is Next.js ?
Next.js is a flexible web framework built on React.js that provides a lot of functionality to create high-performance applications.
More about Next.js
Next.js offers a better developer experience, with several features you need to take your project to production:
- Hybrid rendering (static and server)
- TypeScript support
- CSS-in-JS (Styled components, Styled-JSX)
- Zero Configuration (Routes, Hot Reloading)
- Optimization of Images and Fonts
- Optimized for Production
Some Companies that use Next.js
You can see more companies that use next at this link: https://nextjs.org/showcase
You can use React to build your user interface and gradually adopt Next.js features to solve common application requirements like routing, data fetching and integrations.
You can use create-next-app to create a project in Next, it automatically configures everything for you.
npx create-next-app@latest --typescript
yarn create next-app --typescript
If you want to know more about Next.js
Below are some useful links for you.
- Official website (https://nextjs.org/)
- Documentation (https://nextjs.org/docs/getting-started)
- What's New in Next.js 13 (https://nextjs.org/blog/next-13)
Top comments (2)
why not use Tailwind CSS over CSS-in-JS?
you can use tailwind with nextjs if you want too, it's a great option too.
Here is a link that may be useful for you: