I'm currently on an Angular project with a decent sized test suite (~1000 tests), but it takes a long time to run and misses a lot of critical bugs -- I want to take a more nuanced approach.
On a broad level: what's your frontend testing philosophy?
If that's too vague, here are some more specific questions to consider:
- What are your percentages of unit tests / integration tests / end-to-end tests?
- Are there good quantifiable metrics for how long a (unit) test suite should take to run?
- In terms of time spent on production code vs. tests, when is writing a challenging test not worth the effort (especially for E2E tests)?
- When, if ever, is it okay to remove tests for stable code?
- Do you split your test suite into different groups of tests? If so, how, and when do you run each group?