So you want to build a program? There are so many decisions to make at the start of a project that it can become overwhelming.
- What language/framework to use?
- What database structure is most appropriate?
- What is your development workflow going to be?
- What tools/libraries can help with the project?
And most importantly -
What do you build first? Second? Third?
This is the part that is most difficult.
- Start with a UML outline?
- Define API endpoints?
- Basic application scaffolding and user tables?
- Spent a week in designing sprints and breaking things into features?
- What do you do?
- What tools do you use?
- How do you decide what your first line of code is going to be about and the first commit?
- What tools do you use to plan out all the features and milestones?
- How far do you define the roadmap and do you do this all before before writing code?
- What project management software do you use?
- What role does pseudo code and database schemas play in the planning process/priority?
- Are there more modern or experimental approaches to getting started?
Any step may be divided conceptually into a first half and a second half. Before taking a full step, the runner must take a 1/2 step, but before that he must take a 1/4 step, but before that a 1/8 step, and so forth ad infinitum
- Zeno’s Paradox