As a developer/programmer, it is important to know what is the best thing to invest. Surely we need to invest in money and time. Well, mostly is the time because of things that we need to learn especially in technologies and master it, do project yada yada and so on.
Below, I'll list out the top 5 worth 'investment' that you need to do!
- invest in your health
- You have only one body and it deserves to be treated with respect. Take a deep breath everyday. Walk. See the outside world. Prioritize your health. Don't just sit and do work. You will get backpain. Surely, and it is not good. Like my boss said, at least watch something that is far from you to give your eyes a rest every hour during working. Oh, and also not to forget, mental health also is very important.
- invest in learning resources
- As a developer, surely you want to learn and grow technically. It is quite obvious to invest in learning resources. Don't just go and buy every resources that you think you will learn and do, but in the end, you are not using that resources. Find something that is useful and good resources
- Invest in connection
- It's important to have connection. Meet new people and allow your mind to be refreshed by different people's perspectives. Discuss your projects with them and inquire about theirs. It may surprise you how much of a difference it makes.
- Invest in writing something or presenting something
- Well, this is quite subjective. It's up to you. But as for me, when you want to write an article or presenting about something, you will do your research and reading, hence you will know more. If you don't know about something that you are reading, then you will search for it. The more you know, the more you realize you don't know. You also learn how to present your idea in a good manner so that other people will understand with what you are trying to tell.
- Invest in reading
- This point is like the kind of like the fourth point. At first, I don't really like reading. But what I do is, I just subscribe to newsletter that piqued my interest like technologies, tips and tricks etc. Everyday, I'll open my email, just to go through this newsletter and just quick read everything. Without I'm realising, it become a habit to me, and I tend to read more article through my phone, and tend to search more as the things that I read make me interest and want to know more.
Yup, that's about it. Hope this will help you to invest more for yourself and widen your knowledge!
If you got others, do share in the comment below!
Thank you for reading :D
Psstt pstt :p
Do consider to love this article ❤️ and follow me! Why not right? It's FREE~
I would really appreciate it 👨🏻💻