Hello, developers. If you are a beginner and don’t know which frontend framework you will have to learn, you are at the right place. Today, I will tell you about the top 5 frontend frameworks which you can learn in 2022.
In the software industry, there are many frontend frameworks but I have selected 5 frameworks to learn to keep future scope in mind.
Before getting started we have to learn about some definitions which I am going to use in this article -
Model-view-controller is a software design pattern commonly used for developing user interfaces that divide the related program logic into three interconnected elements. This is done to separate internal representations of information from the ways information is presented to and accepted by the user.
A single-page application is a web application or website that interacts with the user by dynamically rewriting the current web page with new data from the web server, instead of the default method of a web browser loading entire new pages.
Two-way binding gives components in your application a way to share data. Use two-way binding to listen for events and update values simultaneously between parent and child components.
Let’s get started with the list of “Top 5 frontend frameworks to learn in 2022”.
It is one of the easiest frameworks to learn. If you are a beginner, then you can learn this framework very easily. With the help of Backbone.js, we can build single-page applications easily. This framework also follows MVC (model, view, and controller) architecture.
Pros and cons of Backbone.js:
- There are no ready-made structures available and
create react app.
Ember.js was developed in 2011. It is a component-based framework that supports two-way data binding. It has very efficient architecture. It is a very well-organized framework.
Pros and cons of Ember.js
- Ember.js has a small community and syntaxes are complex to understand and updates are also very slow.
Vue.js is a straightforward component-based framework for single-page application development. It removes all the complexities which are faced by Angular developers. You can say that Vue.js is a mixture of both Angular and React (but this is not fully true).
Pros and cons of Vue.js:
- The components are not stable and it has a community that is a bit on the smaller side.
Whenever we are talking about the frontend frameworks, we must obviously mention Angular. It is a very famous framework developed by Google in 2016. It is a fully TypeScript-based framework and it supports two-way data binding. Its architecture is based on MVC and two-way data binding provides better data synchronization of data between model and views.
Pros and cons of Angular:
- Angular is easy to learn as a framework to build single-page applications. We can build web applications, mobile applications, and PWA applications with the help of it. It is used by big companies such as BMW, XBOX, and Fobos. Angular has a big and excellent community.
- It is a fully dynamic solution which means there are many solutions to do a simple task that results in a long learning curve. That is why I put it at 2nd place in this list. We may face optimization issues sometimes in very large-scale applications.
If you are a beginner and want to learn a frontend framework, I will suggest React. React is one of most the popular and one of the simplest frameworks to learn in 2022. React is developed by Facebook and now it is open source. React supports the virtual DOM feature which is unique among all frontend frameworks. It will be the best framework when you want to build an application with high traffic and want a stable performance.
Pros and cons of React:
- It is the components-based framework by which we can collaborate with the team and we can also reuse the components. React provides a developer tool by which we can easily debug and find the errors.
- React updates with a constant speed, that is why its documentation is not so good. You may also face some issues if you are a beginner. It uses JSX which some people don’t understand and treat as a con.
Thank you for reading this article, don’t forget to follow me to read more articles like this. You can also share this story with your friends if you found it helpful and think it can be the same for others.