Nice to you see here. Do you think only by hosting website on your name can create a resume and paying yearly subscription amount to keep it for long time.
Why can’t we create your own website without any HOSTING, BUYING DOMAIN NAME, WORRYING ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES etc.,.,.
Follow along me with each and every steps to create your own resume page. (You can create AWS S3 static webpages as resume also, but you should have the AWS account to do that)
Yes, We are going to create resume using github
Let’s jump and create your resume now.
- You should have github account to start
- Create repository in github and upload your HTML code
- Basic understanding of HTML, CSS (no worries there are so many templates you can download freely)
- Once code is uploaded to github repository and do some minimal settings
- Your creative resume is ready now.
Let’s get our hands dirty now, yes follow this step
Creation of github profile:
Complete the signup process and after successful verification you will be having active account
After login to your account, Click on Repositories to view yours (It will be blank in the new account)
- Click on New button to create new repository
Just give Unique name in the Repository name
- Now new repository is created (myresume)
Creation of personal pages:
Check this [website](https://bootstrapmade.com/bootstrap-resume-cv-templates/) for creative resume website (It’s up to you, can select any of your creative HTML static page contents) Once your HTML, CSS codes are ready follow the below steps to upload in github.
Just type this customized URL to open the VS code editor online.
Initially it will ask some prompts to provide access just click Allow.
Once you authenticated to use VS Code editor, Upload all your code to the under Explorer
Make sure to check every design or changes before uploading to EXPLOER so that no need to do any changes for deployment (But you can do changes anytime and every time you need to commit changes)
Click on the + button for the changes to deployed in staging.
Click on Tick button to commit the changes to your repository with proper description of changes (For the first time, you can mention Resume deployment v1.0)
Once all this changes are done, login back to GitHub to start your deployments
Deploying changes in GitHub:
- Login to Github account and make sure to check the repositories got updated
- Navigate to Settings section to start deployment
- In the same page, navigate to PAGES section and select branch as main and save the changes
- Final step is navigate to Actions page to see the changes are updating as per below screenshot
- Once the deployment is finished, you can see the page as below
Finally, your website is ready to view:
Wow !! It’s amazing without spending any single pennies you were Owning your own website. You can share this website to anyone even with HR Recruiters.
Hope you enjoyed with content and I feel this information is very useful.
Follow me on LinkedIn to get more amazing things.