Curious if anyone else has habits or systems in place that help get them centered and stay productive during the day, here's mine:
- Very Early (6:00am): Get up, writing & side project work
- Early Morning (7:00am): Get ready, breakfast, walk dogs
- Start Work Day (8:30am): Check email, github, project management tools, sketch out plan for the day. Say good morning to teammates
if(Monday && 10:00am): Weekly planning video call.
if(Friday && 9:00am): Weekly Coffee Cowork session.
elseWorking / Coding
- Lunch (12:00pm)
- More Work (1:00pm)
- Afternoon break/more dog walks (2:30pm)
- Final email check of the day (3:00pm)
- Finish up work(3:15pm)
- Shut off work laptop, leave home office, shut door (~5:00pm)
if(Monday || Wednesday || Friday && 5:30pm)Hit the gym.
Most people want to make things perfect. Sometimes we evaluate the complexity of an upcoming goal or a problem. So, the fear to not complete it perfectly or "wrong" (Yeah, who are judges? 🤔) stops us even from trying.