(Mirrored from my site https://gombosg.com/2019/12/hello/)
My first blog post. If you are reading this, welcome! I’m happy that you are here.
I’m Gergely (Greg), a software engineer from Budapest, Hungary, who loves solving problems while at work (anywhere it catches me), hacking at home and boxing at the dojo.
I decided to start a blog for multiple reasons:
- Get stuff out of my head i.e. share useful information
- Reflect on my journey as a professional software engineer
- Connect with people
- Find my own style and practice writing
- Have my personal corner of the internet, aligning with my values about how the web should look like despite being an active developer of the modern web.
Expect posts every now and then, once a week by the least.
Well, for starters:
- A proper contact area
- Add a photo of myself?
- Expand the About page a bit with my personal creed
- Create a skills list & roadmap to share my learning journey
- Reflect on my current career goals and general experience as an enterprise employee
What now? Feel free to say hi in the comments and subscribe to my RSS feed. Sorry, no mailing list this time, but let me know if you would prefer an email notification.