As at the time of writing this article, I had already told my parents to prepare a farmland for me, as tech is not my calling again 😂😂😂😂.
This is going to be a different pattern of writing my articles.
So if you come across this article as being a solution to a similar problem as the title, well, leave a thumbs up.
So I cloned a flutter project to work on, started off with installing my flutter SDK and the xcode version that the project was created with.
First ran for the android, which worked without issues, but when it got to the iOS, everything went south in split second.
I reached out to the Engineer handling the project initially, we went through installations and codes again, found nothing, I was advised to downgrade my xcode and try again... Long story short, I currently have xcode 13.4, 13.3, 13.3.1, 13.2.1 in my mac 😂.
Well, none of the solutions found on stackoverflow and github issues worked for me. Which included the following:
Open the terminal On the root directory of your project, run:
$ flutter clean $ flutter pub get // cd into your ios directory $ cd ios $ pod deintegrate $ pod install // cd out of your ios directory $ cd .. // try running the project on your ios simulator $ flutter run // Be sure your ios simulator is active
Having done all of the above, and even did flutter doctor, just to confirm if I had issues with my installations and setup, nothing worked for me.
The most confusing thing was that, a dummy flutter project I created worked just fine, same as a flutter project I had created with my windows some months back and cloned into my mac, all worked out just fine for both Android and iOS.
I found a regex code
grep -riL "<path to your flutter sdk>" "<path to your project>"
this searches through your project for instances of the flutter sdk in that project. I saw logs for the dummy project and that of the flutter project created with my window, but for this current project, it was showing 'No such directory found'.
Well, my last resort was to open an issue on github, which I reluctantly did, as I saw thousands of opened issues, didn't even expect anyone to look at mine...
Well let's say someone did, and instantly noticed the problem.
The URL of the cloned project, had a space after the name, and git used same pattern to create the directory on my machine and this caused the whole problem.
Below is a link to the issue I opened and closed 💁🏽.
Hope it helps.