Elementor is by far the most successful plugin in the Wordpress ecosystem and it is used by millions of sites. It has a nice templating system and lots of widgets to cover most of the user's needs, but it also lacks some essentials ones. Plugins creators are creating lots of plugins for Elementor. Some plugins come with cool new widgets and some come with enhancements and advanced functionalities.
I don't have anything to hide, so I need to tell you right from the get-go that this is a plugin I've helped develop and I'm currently maintaining. It is a freemium plugin, but even if you get the free version you will get some powerful features like:
- User Meta condition: You can show/hide Elementor widgets or sections using user's meta.
- User Browser condition: You can show/hide Elementor widgets or sections using user's browser type (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc).
- Date & Time condition: You can show/hide Elementor widgets or sections using daily hour intervals, week days and dates.
Elementor lacks these kind of restrictions and many more. There are users that really need them and they end up using this plugin because it gets the job done and it is really easy to use and has a fast learning curve.
You might ask what are the use cases for Visibility Logic for Elementor. I must tell you... there are MANY. Here are some:
- display different menus for logged-in users and guests
- display promotion banners for a user segment
- display notices for old browser users (IE for example)
- display data based on Dynamic Tags, even Advanced Custom Fields (PRO)
- display custom content based on post meta, taxonomies, url parameters (PRO)
- many more
The PRO version of the plugin is available on StaxWP.
I hope that you've stumble upon this 5 star plugin if you are searching for such a functionality and don't forget to leave a feedback if you have enjoyed it.