In February 2018 I joined Dev.to 😎 and also I found the amazing Awesome CSS Frameworks. I was in love with all the world that existed apart Boostrap.
I forked that repo and I created my own extensive list, with my style and organized in a way I can search easily the new CSS Framework I'd like to meet.
That way born Gabo's Awesome CSS Frameworks and UI Libraries.
After 4 years maintaining this repo I want to share some info may be interested for Web & React Developers (⭐s from January 2022):
This TOP 5 are very good candidates to work with:
Then the TOP 5 Libs is:
- Ant Design - 77K⭐
- Material-UI - 74K⭐
- Chakra UI - 23K⭐
- react virtualized - 23K⭐
- React-Bootstrap - 20K⭐ (Oh yeah! Bootstrap is a TOP 5 here too)
Interesting all the stars with no recent updates:
- Semantic UI - 50K⭐ - Last update: October 2018
- normalize.css - 46K⭐ - Last update: November 2018
- Material Design Lite - 32K⭐ - Last update: June 2017
- Skeleton - 18K⭐ - Last update: December 2014 (Wow! Since 2014!)
If I ignore the normalize.css 46K⭐ (because no recent updates), then you can go with:
Well, in this case I can recommend you:
- Spectre.css - 11K⭐ - ~10KB gzipped
- Milligram - 9.6K⭐ - 2kb gzipped!
- Water.css - 6.7K⭐ - 3.27 kb
- BassCSS - 5.7K⭐ - 2.13 KB
No problem. There are frameworks for you too:
You can go with these special frameworks:
- NES.css - 18K⭐ - Your web like a NES-style (8bit-like)
- 98.css - 6.3K⭐ - Like an old Windows
- Doodle CSS - 631⭐ - A simple hand drawn theme
Finally, in the Design Systems era, I want to show you the ones from well known companies:
- Fluent UI - 13K⭐ by Microsoft
- Evergreen - 11K⭐ by Segment
- Primer - 11K⭐ by GitHub
- Clarity Design System - 6.4K⭐ by VMWare
- Carbon Design System - 5.1K⭐ by IBM
A lot of repos to take a look, no?
And these are just a few. In my list you can check a lot of CSS Frameworks and UI Libraries.
Did I miss one? Just comment it so I can fix it.