WHAT IS LET'SGROWMORE?
LetsGrowMore is a community of the students, for the students and by the students.
WHAT IS LGM-SOC?
LGM – SOC is an online program designed to encourage student participation in open source software development under the guidance of mentors from the open source community. As it’s the present demand and students need, so we come with LGM – SOC.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Open source projects apply to be mentor organizations.
- LGM chooses the organization interesting in participating.
- Students submit project proposals to mentor organization.
- Mentor organizations choose the students they’d like to accept.
- Students are paired with a mentor for required guidance.
- Now coding begins! Students work under their mentors over 10 weeks.
- All you need to be is a student ready to grab learning opportunity.
- Accepted into or enrolled in a graduate program by the students acceptance date.
- Eligible to work in the country you reside.
I contributed to one of the open source repositories namely awesome-portfolio-websites. The project is aiming to provide a full-fledged template that anyone can use to build and put out their website within an hour.
I am one of the top contributors of the project. Written modularized code to add some features to the website, fixed bugs and raised some critical issues throughout the journey. Our mentors @smaranjitghose and @anushbhatia helped me a lot in improving the style of coding. I would like to thank them for their contributions in my journey.
I am glad to be a part of LGMSOC community. Looking forward to more events and learning opportunities like this.
If you want to know more about the program, head over to their website(letsgrowmore.in).
I hope this helps someone out there.
If you liked this post, you can find more by:
- Following me on Twitter: @forkbikash
- Following me on GitHub: @forkbikash
- Following me on this beautiful platform: @forkbikash
Top comments (0)