FicusJS is a set of lightweight functions for developing applications using web components.
- A function for creating fast, lightweight web components (1.88 KB gzipped)
- A function for creating fast, lightweight stores for application state (1.21 KB gzipped)
- A function for creating a fast, lightweight publish/subscribe event bus (271 B gzipped)
If you are looking for a fast, lightweight way to build web applications using native browser APIs, FicusJS might be what you are looking for!
Browsers have improved a lot over the past years. It's now possible to do web development without requiring any build tools, using the native module loader of the browser. We think this is a great fit for FicusJS, and we recommend this as a general starting point.
FicusJS aligns with standard browser APIs which means it is not based on any proprietary code or libraries.
As it is based on standards, it has longevity and is a good choice for enterprise web applications.
- Functional programming patterns
- Declarative component creator
- Reactive components
- Choose your own renderer
- Extend components using functions
- Application state management with stores
- Application event bus
- Small footprint
- All features - 3.54 KB gzipped
- Components - 1.88 KB gzipped
- Stores - 1.21 KB gzipped
- Event bus - 271 B gzipped
- Features can be loaded independently or use the all features bundle
- No dependencies
- Works with all server-side and client-side frameworks
The full documentation is available at https://docs.ficusjs.org
To get started, you can use the FicusJS starter kit at WebComponents.dev
Looking for a lightweight standalone client-side router that supports history and hash routing plus web components?
Looking for a lightweight script loader for lazy loading ES modules and ES5 scripts or both based on dynamic paths?