Originally Posted: https://www.arunyadav.in/codehacks/blogs/post/21/what-are-the-essential-skills-of-a-net-developer
“Having a constant positive attitude is key…”
General Prospective for looking .Net Developer
Debugging is also an essential skill i.e. someone who has attention to detail to examine their code for errors, and fix it accordingly. Also, be prepared that things might not work the first time around (see positive attitude above).
Additionally, great .NET developers are often self-driven and self-motivated so they don’t need a boss to hand hold them through the development process.
Doesn’t Chase the Hottest New Tech Stack
Do They Know Their Limits?
Means, always seeking help and advice from other developers who have accomplished something similar to the project at hand.
Business looking Prospective for looking .Net Developer
- Listens to the customer.
- Asks enough questions to know – and gets the customer to identify what they want to accomplish.
- Explains what they’re going to do and answers customer questions in terms the customer can understand.
- Doesn’t reinvent the wheel when there are existing scripts or tools to get things done.
- Gives a reasonable (i.e., reasonably accurate) estimate of the cost and time to do a project.
- Gets the project done on time.
- Alerts the customer if it will go significantly over budget – and tells them why.
Essentials tech skills
- Proficiency in C# and the .NET Framework
- Web Development Technologies
- Database management and SQL
- Software Development Principles
- Agile Methodologies
- Version Control Systems
- Problem-solving and Teamwork
Some of the best-skilled .NET developers couldn’t do things alone. As mentioned many times in this article, collaboration and teamwork is important. Moreover, to smooth and sharpen your top .NET developer skills, one should also show proactiveness and continuous learning in development.
Top comments (0)