- Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is installed
- For this example we will use the Ubuntu Linux distro/distribution.
- Visit this link to rocket academy to find out more about WSL
# This command navigates to the linux folder cd ~/
# This command lists the files that are in the linux folder ls -a ~
Notes: If this is your first time accessing this folder, you probably do not have a folder for ssh files and will have to create your own.
- Create a folder in your linux folder and name it ".ssh"
- Done! Now you can put the key pairs in this folder
# 1. Check if you have a .ssh folder. If you don't have an ssh folder it'll return "No such file or directory" ls ~/.ssh
# 2. Create a folder called .ssh mkdir ~/.ssh
# 3. Copy any key pairs you need into this folder # Note: You have to be in the same directory as the file you want to copy # syntax: cp <FILENAME> ~/.ssh cp my-aws-ec2-keypair.pem ~/.ssh