As a follow up to my previous post regarding AWS Certified Solutions Architect: Associate study guide, I figured I'd provide an update.
I passed the Certified Solutions Architect: Professional! Here are my key-takeaways for those who want a TL;DR:
- It was long, like very long. It's definitely an exercise in quick comprehension and elimination.
- It was difficult, easily one of the hardest exams I've taken to date.
- Most of the exams posted online only replicate about 20% of what will actually be on the exam.
- Hands-on experience at this level is a MUST. Unlike the Architect: Associate, you must live & breath Amazon Web Services.
As a reference, here is the certification learning path for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect:
Here are the resources I used to study:
- Jon Bonso's Solutions Architect Professional practice exams on uDemy
- All of my material from the previous post (see above for link)
- The great folks over at ExitCertified for a full day boot camp (virtual). This covered exam tactics, question dissemination and was a great live classroom setting.
- re:Invent playlist videos regarding the topics on the exam.
Also, there are things that I subscribe to on a daily basis that you don't really think about. This helps me keep fresh on service updates, releases, etc:
- Follow the Amazon Web Services Facebook & LinkedIn pages
- Follow the AWS Twitter handle along with finding those who work for AWS and tweet daily about their service.
Otherwise that sums it up, thanks for reading!
Top comments (8)
Some comments may only be visible to logged-in visitors. Sign in to view all comments.