Hey there 🤟, today let's talk about what is the most logical and practical skill you need to be a great developer. Here are some of the things I found on the web.
- Curiosity: the will to explore more aka WANDERLUST.
- Technical Skills: if you don't have then you can always learn them.
- Love of learning: where's Php now? if you don't learn your gonna be in trouble.
- Communication skills: a must if you wanna do anything in life.
- Positive attitude: if you don't have this you won't last long in this industry.
- Good time and task management: it's a superpower to have this, complete one week of work in one day.
- Good team player: don't play blame games, take ownership
These are pretty obvious things that we have been hearing for ages. So which is the number one skill you need? It's patiently reading stuff online.
How ? lemme explain. Throughout your software dev journey, no matter how many jobs you change, no matter how many startups you work in, no matter what you do you cannot ignore one thing and that is bugs. You cannot ignore these no matter what, even if you code in HTML you will have bugs. Things will not work as they are supposed to work. Something unexpected will definitely happen and to make it work you will use Google (or Bing if you're a complete newbie). So how will you solve that bug? Googling, reading articles online, copy-pasting code from stack overflow, reading documentation, etc. If you patiently read each and everything related to your bug you will grow exponentially, although it will take time to read stuff, but it is worth it. It will give you complete insights on what was the mistake that you're making unless it was a typo. It is the number one thing that has helped me grow and will definitely help you too
If you liked what you just read consider liking the post or leaving a comment or maybe do both xD.