CoWIN Portal is used to self-register yourself for the Vaccination process in India. Here you can register yourself with your Phone Number and avail a slot from the available slots in various Vaccination Centres around the country.
VacCowin is a CLI based Python Script that can be used to perform tasks such as OTP Generation till Vaccination Slot Booking from Co-WIN Platform directly from your Terminal. This script rechecks after every few seconds and when the slots are available, it confirms the slot only after you enter the captcha shown on the screen.
Since India has started the Vaccination Drive for those above 18 years of age, there is a very heavy rush and slots get booked soon. This script will come in handy for booking those slots as soon as they open.
IMPORTANT: This is a Proof of Concept (POC) Project. I OR the Team do NOT endorse or condone, in any shape or form, automating any monitoring/booking tasks. It's only made for Educational Purposes. Use this at your own risk.
The data used is retrieved using the open APIs at API Setu. It works on both Linux and Windows.
- Install Python
- Clone this repository...
git clone https://github.com/dhhruv/Vac-Cowin.git
Download the Zip and Extract the content.
- Install, create and activate virtual environment. For instance we create a virtual environment named 'venv'.
pip install virtualenv python -m virtualenv venv venv\Scripts\activate.bat
- Install dependencies
cd Vac-Cowin pip install -r requirements.txt
Will be Updated after Testing...
Check out yourself and send me a Screenshot if found useful...
Any contributions you make are greatly appreciated.
- Fork the Project
- Create your Feature Branch (
git checkout -b feature/AmazingFeature)
- Commit your Changes (
git commit -m 'Add some AmazingFeature')
- Push to the Branch (
git push origin feature/AmazingFeature)
- Open a Pull Request
Distributed under the MIT License. See
LICENSE for more information.
- This is a Proof of Concept Project. I OR the Team do NOT endorse or condone, in any shape or form, automating any monitoring/booking tasks. It's only made for Educational Purposes. Use this at your own risk.
- This Python Script CANNOT book slots automatically. It doesn't skip any of the steps that a User would have to take on the official portal. You will still have to enter the OTP and Captcha as you do in the CoWIN Portal.
- Do NOT use unless all the beneficiaries selected are supposed to get the same Vaccine and Dose.
- There is no option to Register a new Phone/Mobile or add beneficiaries for now. This can be used only after beneficiary has been added through the official Portal/App.
- Be careful if you're choosing to use the auto-book feature. It will blindly select first available Vaccination Centre, Date (Both Sorted Ascending) and a RANDOM slot. I would not recommend using this feature unless and until it's crucial.
- If you accidentally booked a slot you didn't want to then don’t worry. You can always log in to the CoWIN Portal and cancel/re-schedule that.
- API Details (Do read the first paragraph): https://apisetu.gov.in/public/marketplace/api/cowin/cowin-public-v2