In this installment, Saron and I cover several recent news stories that are relevant in the developer community right now:
- The upcoming release of RBS, a new Ruby 3 language for type signatures—you won't have to change Ruby code to type check now!
- GitHub's announcement that it's running Ruby 2.7 in production.
- Chrome DevTools' new CSS Overview (you'll now be able to see things like colors, fonts, media queries, and unused declarations directly from within DevTools! 🎉).
- The recent round of layoffs at Mozilla, which means a reduced investment in developer tooling and many talented folks out of work—for now.
- Jonas Downey (Design Lead at Basecamp, and co-creator of the Hello Weather app) about what it’s like to be an indie iOS developer "working under Apple's 800-pound gorilla rule".
- Dan Abramov (Software Engineer at Facebook, creator of Redux, and co-author of the Create React App) about the newest version of React and how the core team thinks about major version releases.
- Apple Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- RSS Feed
- DevNews Website
Note: If you follow the podcast on DEV, new episodes will show up directly in your feed 😉
I hope you tune in to the DevNews podcast, where we cut through the impossibly noisy news cycle to surface developer stories that impact many of us in this space. 🗞️🗞️🗞️
Love stickers? What about free stickers? If you review DevNews OR DevDiscuss, we’ll send you a free pack of DEV stickers to show our appreciation. Details here
Posted on by: