Tag moderators play an important role in helping to organize and manage the content of our community. If you want to make a difference here on DEV and for the developer community, consider joining our team as a tag moderator. Here are a few benefits:
As a tag moderator, you'll have the opportunity to take on a leadership role in the community and influence the direction of the conversation by highlighting certain topics and content.
Share your knowledge and area(s) of expertise by supporting other community members, elevating constructive conversations and content, and answering questions.
Being a tag moderator is a valuable and rewarding experience for those of you who are dedicated to improving the content of an online community.
Learn more about the community and gain new skills such as conflict resolution, communication, and leadership.
By helping us ensure that content is properly categorized and tagged, you can improve the searchability of the community and make it easier for our users to find the information they’re looking for.
Users are more likely to have a positive experience and return to the community in the future when content is organized and easy to find.
Some other tasks our tag moderators help us do:
- Report spam, abuse, and plagiarism
- Welcome new community members
- Foster an inclusive environment
- Instruct users on DEV features
- Discourage promotional abuse
- Promote quality posts
- Manage post tags
And some additional perks we give back to you:
- Monthly MOD Gametimes
- An Invitation to our DEV MOD Discord Channel
- Opportunities to represent DEV at tech conferences
- Power! Bwa-ha-ha! (Please use it for good.)
- DEV cred and kudos! AKA: the adoration of our Community Team and the opportunity to earn exclusive MOD badges
- It looks great on your resume!