I just published my first Visual Studio Code extension and it's fantastic!
GPTCoder is a powerful VS Code extension that harnesses the power of OpenAI's GPT models to help you write code more efficiently. With GPTCoder, you can generate code based on a prompt and a stack of code snippets.
- Generate code snippets based on a prompt and a stack of code snippets
- Add code snippets to the stack from your active editor
- Clear the stack and start fresh
- Save and retrieve your settings, including your OpenAI API key and model
- Open the settings JSON file directly from the extension
- Works with all OpenAI chat models
- Install the GPTCoder extension in Visual Studio Code.
- Open the GPTCoder webview by clicking on the GPTCoder icon in the sidebar.
- Add code snippets to the stack by selecting code in the editor and clicking the "Add selection to Stack" button.
- Write a prompt in the prompt input box. This prompt will guide the code generation process.
- Click the "Generate" button to generate code based on the prompt and the code snippets in the stack.
- The generated code will be displayed in the webview and opened in a new editor tab.
You can customize GPTCoder's behavior by modifying the settings. To access the settings, click the "Settings" button in the webview. The settings panel allows you to set your OpenAI API key and choose the GPT model to use for code generation.
We would love to hear your feedback on GPTCoder! If you have any suggestions or encounter any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.
Happy coding with 🤖GPTCoder!
Thank you for taking the time to read my article and I hope you found it useful (or at the very least, mildly entertaining). For more great information about web dev, systems administration and cloud computing, please read the Designly Blog. Also, please leave your comments! I love to hear thoughts from my readers.
If you want to support me, please follow me on Spotify!
Looking for a web developer? I'm available for hire! To inquire, please fill out a contact form.