Vercel combines the best developer experience with an obsessive focus on end-user performance, which enables frontend teams to do their best work.
This post outlines how to deploy React App to Vercel host for free. You might be interested in other free deployment options:
- How to deploy a React App to Firebase host for free
- How to deploy a React App to Cloudflare host for free
# Deploy React Apps on Vercel
npx create-next-app project-name cd project-name yarn yarn dev
The Vercel command-line interface enables instant cloud deployment and local development.
npm i -g vercel
You will be prompted to enter an email, where a link will redirect you to a verification page. Click the
VERIFY button to proceed.
Note: you can also create a project using Vercel console, but using CLI is more convenient.
- Run the below command
cd project-name vercel
You need cd into the folder where React App is created. Follow the instructions as shown below:
- Confirm YES.
- Create a new Vercel project, by typing "y".
- Input a project ID, e.g. "xyz-vercel", choose a directory where the code resides.
- Overwrite the default settings if needed.
- You might wish to override the build command if necessary
After a few seconds, your app will be deployed to Vercel and a URL will be given: e.g. https://xyz-vercel.vercel.app/
Open a browser window, and type the url: https://xyz-vercel.vercel.app/
Now, your app is deployed to Vercel! Happy coding, happy deploying!