To learn about Vue, I started following interesting people in the Vue community, listened to podcasts, and completed several tutorials. I thought it might be helpful to others to share some my favorite of those Vue resources.
👩 👨 People To Follow
The Vue community is full of people who are not just talented developers but also welcoming, thoughtful, and generous. This list could go on and on but I’ve pared it down to the following:
- Evan You (@youyuxi) - Evan is the creator and leader of Vue.js. With Vue version 3 under heavy development, following him on twitter is a great way to keep up to date on what is coming.
- Sarah Drasner (@sarah_edo) - Sarah is a Vue Core Team member and is an extremely talented writer and speaker. It’s hard to put into words the quality of her content, just check out her website at https://sarahdrasnerdesign.com and follow her on twitter.
- Chris Fritz (@chrisvfritz) - Chris is a Vue Core Team member, Views on Vue podcast panelist, person responsible for the high quality of the Vue Documentation, and fellow Michigander.
- Guillaume Chau (@akryum) - Guillaume is a Vue Core Team member and the author and/or major contributor to several prominent Vue libraries such as vue-apollo, vue-cli, and vue-devtools.
- Divya Sasidharan (shortdiv) - Divya is a Views on Vue podcast panelist and developer advocate at Netlify.
- Marina Mosti (@marinamosti) - I recently discovered Marina on dev.to by reading her very well written Hands-on Vue.js for Beginners series. She is also part of Vue Vixens, which I really admire.
🎧 Podcasts To Listen To
I started listening to podcasts about 2 years ago as a way to escape the repetitive drudgery of radio content and I’m so glad I did. It’s a great way for me to consume content while doing activities that don’t require my full attention. Like commuting to work, mowing the lawn, or waiting in the lobby while my daughters are participating in after school activities. Here is a list of my Vue favorite podcasts or specific episodes on Vue:
- Views on Vue - This Vue specific podcast is apart of DevChat.tv’s network of podcasts and releases weekly. It follows the format of having a different guest each week that is interviewed by a panel people.
- Cynical Developer #99 (10-15-2018) - James Studdart (@jamesstuddart) interviews Brandon Lyons (@fudgelyons) about Vue.
- Vue podcast list via QIT.cloud - QIT.cloud is a progressive web application (PWA) that can be used to search for podcasts by topic. At the time of writing, more than 200 podcasts Vue results are provided.
📑 Tutorials & Resources
- Official Vue Documentation - Some of the best documentation around, make sure to also check out the Style Guide, Examples, and Cookbook sections.
- Alligator.io - Alligator.io provides quick and to-the-point tutorials on Vue and other web technologies.
- Awesome Vue - A curated list of awesome things related to Vue.
- Scotch.io - Scotch.io provides a large catalog of great courses and tutorials on Vue and other web technologies.
- Vue Mastery - Vue Mastery is a great source of high quality free and paid video tutorials about Vue. A portion of their proceeds are donated to Vue, so supporting them also helps to support Vue.
- Dev.to - Dev.to is a fantastic community for developers to share articles, questions, discussions on any topic, including more than 550 articles on Vue.
Top comments (8)
Thanks for the shout out Dave! <3
No problem, Marina. Looking forward to what you do next!
twitter.com/ErikCH shares educative pieces on his YouTube channel
I have heard really good things about Erik Hanchett's content but I haven't consumed any yet, so I couldn't include him. Thanks for the suggestion.
Great list of resources!!
I've been a Vue developer for two years and I still haven't realized all the content that's available out there. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for the kind words, I 'm glad you enjoyed it.