Seconds is a bit of an exaggeration, but we've made it possible to build a full Slack app in less than an hour. You can jump right in (limited number of accounts available - if the link has expired, click here to join the waitlist.)
How? Our very first package.
We've created and released a set of functions to make the best possible Slack API experience. No more writing an OAuth implementation from scratch - it's just one line, and you can see it working right away.
Here's a peek under the hood:
Everything else is just as easy:
- Trigger /commands to an API endpoint just by configuring in Slack
- @mention a bot and process the payload live
- Find a list of channels
- Post messages to any channel
Not sure where to start?
- Jump right in with the first slack App tutorial. You can set up a quick app in <5 minutes: https://darklang.github.io/docs/slack-apps/slack-intro
- Look at code for existing Slack applications built in Dark: https://darklang.com/a/sample-magiceightball
- Check out snipy.io and Summit.Work, companies built by developers who are using Dark for the backend. We've also seen people build OKR trackers, ice breaker prompts, show their app store reviews in engineering channels, and more!
- Come to our in person walkthrough on Friday at 7am PST/10am EST/3pm BST or 10:30am PST/1:30pm EST/6:30pm BST.
- Follow a longer tutorial to build a useful Slack integration: Trello integration and a bot that posts when new channels are created. We're working on more all the time, and happily invite our community to submit their own by submitting pull requests to our documentation.
- Join our community (yes, it's on Slack!) to connect with other Dark developers.
Top comments (0)