Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links; our team may receive compensation if you purchase products or services from the different links provided in this article.
PowerShell is Microsoft's command-line shell and scripting language that has transformed the role of Sys Admin. It is incredibly powerful and dynamic.
PowerShell is a cross-platform task automation and configuration management framework, which consists of a command-line shell and scripting language. Unlike most of the shells, which accept and return text, PowerShell is built on top of the .NET Common Language Runtime (CLR) and accepts and returns .NET objects. This fundamental change brings entirely new tools and methods for automation.
Unlike traditional command-line interfaces, PowerShell cmdlets are designed to deal with objects. An object is a structured information that is more than just the string of characters appearing on the screen. Command output always carries extra information that you can use if you need it.
If you have used text-processing tools to process data in the past, you will find that they behave differently when used in PowerShell. In most cases, you do not need text-processing tools to extract specific information. You directly access portions of the data using standard PowerShell object syntax.
Thus, considering the widespread usage of Microsoft Powershell, it becomes essential to be thorough with the tool. Therefore, we have curated a list of Best Powershell Courses that can help you learn the tool from scratch. You will get a decent hands-on experience and become proficient if you do the courses religiously.
A comprehensive guide to using Windows PowerShell for System Administrators
Course rating: 4.4 out of 5.0 ( 5,221 Ratings total)
In this course, you will :
- Learn PowerShell to control and administrate your Windows machines and servers
- How to use this task-based command-line shell and scripting language, built on the .NET framework, designed especially for systems administration.
- You will start by learning the basics of PowerShell, then jump into installing and setting up PowerShell.
- From there, this course will teach you the PowerShell commands, including objects and classes, get-help, and get-command.
- You will also learn about PowerShell scripts and providers, such as the file system provider, alias provider, and environment provider.
- This course will also cover working with files and folders, system administration, and PowerShell version 5.
You can take the Windows PowerShell Training Certificate Course on Udemy.
Offered by Google. This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computer systems in a multi-user environment.
Course rating: 4.7 out of 5.0 (8,964 Ratings total)
In this course, you will :
- Learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running.
- You will deep dive into the cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources.
- You will also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity.
- Finally, you will learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster.
- By the end of this course, you will be able to utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization
- Understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers
- Understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization
- Manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP
- Choose and manage the tools that your organization will use
- Backup your organization’s data and know-how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster
- Utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments
You can take the System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services Certificate Course on Coursera.
Unleash the Power of PowerShell. Amazing skills for anyone that deals with IT.
Course rating: 4.4 out of 5.0 ( 4,948 Ratings total)
In this course, you will learn:
The ability to use PowerShell fundamentals to write functions and scripts that will save you time.
An opportunity to impress your colleagues and IT management with your PowerShell skills.
This PowerShell course is packed with concise illustrations to help you learn the fundamentals in a short amount of time
Throughout the course we will cover the following topics:
How to install and startup PowerShell
Basic data types
Cmdlets (it is a PowerShell thing)
Working with objects
Arrays & Hash Tables
Writing functions including passing parameters and returning results
You can take Microsoft PowerShell Course: Master PowerShell for IT Professionals Certificate Course on Udemy.
Offered by Google. In this course -- through a combination of video lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on practice -- you will learn about the main components of an operating system.
Course rating: 4.7 out of 5.0 ( 10,889 Ratings total)
In this course, you will :
- Learn about the main components of an operating system and how to perform critical tasks like managing software and users, and configuring hardware.
- By the end of this course, you’ll be able to navigate the Windows and Linux filesystems using a graphical user interface and command-line interpreter
- set up users, groups, and permissions for account access
- install, configure, and remove software on the Windows and Linux operating systems
- configure disk partitions and filesystems
- understand how system processes work and how to manage them
- work with system logs and remote connection tools
- utilize operating system knowledge to troubleshoot common issues in an IT Support Specialist role
You can take Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User Certificate Course on Coursera.
Install PowerShell 5.1, Understand PowerShell Syntax, Setup a PowerShell IT lab, Manage Active Directory with Powershell
Course rating:4.4 out of 5.0 ( 3,247 Ratings total)
In this course, you will :
Understand the Powershell command line
How to write Powershell scripts to automate redundant tasks
Install and Update Windows PowerShell
Learn the Basics of Windows PowerShell 5.1
Introduction to the Text-Based Console and Intelligent Scripting Environment (ISE)
Utilize the PowerShell Help System
Finally, Understand PowerShell Syntax
Understand Objects, Properties, and Methods
Understand the PowerShell Pipeline
Create and Manage Active Directory Users with PowerShell
Create and Delete Organizational Units with PowerShell
In this course you will cover the following major topics:
The basics of Windows PowerShell
Windows PowerShell system requirements
Installing and Updating Windows PowerShell
How to use the CLI (Command Line Interface)
How to use the ISE (Intelligent Scripting Environment)
How to get help and find commands within the CLI
Getting Started with Windows PowerShell
Getting Help and Finding Commands
The Language of PowerShell - Command Syntax, Objects and Properties, and the Pipeline
Setup your own PowerShell On-Premises IT Lab
Basic Active Directory Domain Administration with Windows Powershell
An introduction to Desired State Configuration made simple!
You can take Introduction to Windows PowerShell 5.1 Certificate Course on Udemy.
Glad to see, that you have made it till the end. If this article added some value to your learning or if you liked it then like, upvote, and share it in your network. In case you want to explore more, you can take the Free Powershell Courses.
In case you liked this article, you can also visit the following posts
- Best Arduino Courses
- Best Flask Courses
- Best Scala Courses
- Best Django Courses
- Best GraphQL Courses
- Best Tensorflow Courses
- Best PWA Courses
- Best AWS Certification Courses
- Best Kotlin Courses
- Best Laravel Courses
- Best React Native Courses
- Best Data Science Tutorials
- Best Python Courses
- Best Git & Github Courses
- Best Docker Courses
- Best Spring Courses
Also, I would love to hear any feedback and review from you. Please tell me what you liked in the comment section below. Happy Learning!✨