Bobby Davis lays out a multi-step process for building a job-winning project.
- coding patterns, like MVC
- an attractive UI
- a database and demonstration of CRUD
- a solution to a business problem
- create an SRS with all of the project's features
- break out your plan into weekly sprints
- track your progress and bugs in an issue tracker
Lastly, when you are in a job interview, proactively demo your application, and show the employer your SRS and bug tracker.
This is how you build a project that can win you a job!