0:00 - Introduction Into How To Become A Software Engineer
0:26 - When we talk Resumes, we ain't talking traditional Resumes
1:00 - Four Step Process Overview To Become A Software Engineer
2:10 - #1A: Choose Niche (With GREAT Educational resources)
3:56 - #1B: My Niche (The reason I chose Laravel)
7:42 - #2: Get Interview (LinkedIn & Recruiters)
24:20 - #3: Nail Interview (Git: Why, When & A Quick Example)
33:10 - #4: Add "Real World" Experience (Via Freelancing)
42:57 - Final Thoughts
- Picking a niche matters, the reasons that it matters
- Cardiologists don't do brain surgery. Web developers don't do network security.
- Have a niche? Great, choose a specific technology within that niche. (Hint: Quality Educational Resources)
- What makes Laracasts the BEST educational resource on the internet for web developers?
- What makes Laravel such a solid technology to work with inside the web development niche?
- Laracasts -- why promote a platform that teaches what we cover with zero gain for Clean Code Studio? (Hint: Laracasts is that amazing ~ that's the only reason.)
- LinkedIn's the gateway to job interviews? Why?
- What are "recruiters" and why should you care?
- Check out my conversation as a recruiter "hunts" me down for a gig.
- Did you know that you can juice up your LinkedIn with a few really simple SEO tricks? Here's how.
- What makes github important?
- When should you start using github?
- How can you learn to use github (Hint: Laracasts).
- What types of products can you use github on (Hint: All of them except projects with NDA).
4. Real world experience. How to get it before you've got it (Via Freelancing & Specifically Upwork)
- Free lancing, where to get started.
- My personal experience with free lancing.
- What to expect from free lancing (Hint: It's not money).
- How do you get your first freelance gig (With Zero Real World Experience)?
- What reasons, other than most likely below minimum wage money, makes free lancing worth it?
Clean Code Studio
☕️ Code Tips
☕️ Career Advice
☕️ Developer Memes
Shiny button, Clean Code 𝗡𝗲𝘄𝘀𝗹𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 👇, juicy dev tips...wanna join?
(Discover [50+ pages] of my personal FAANG interview notes!)