Wasmer is taking WebAssembly beyond the browser
We’re talking with Syrus Akbary about WebAssembly and Wasmer — a standalone just in time WebAssembly runtime aiming to be fully compatible with Emscripten, Rust, and Go. We talked about taking WebAssembly beyond the browser, universal binaries, what’s an ABI?, running WebAssembly from any language, and what a world might look like with platform independent universal binaries powered by WebAssembly.
- DigitalOcean – The simplest cloud platform for developers and teams Whether you’re running one virtual machine or ten thousand, makes managing your infrastructure too easy. New accounts get $100 in credit to use in your first 60 days.
- GoCD – GoCD is an on-premise open source continuous delivery server created by ThoughtWorks that lets you automate and streamline your build-test-release cycle for reliable, continuous delivery of your product.
O'Reilly Open Source Conference – OSCON has been ground zero for the open source community for 20 years. This year they’ve expanded to become a “software development conference” — because in 2019, software development IS open source. The program covers everything from open source, AI, infrastructure, blockchain, edge computing, architecture, and emerging languages. Use the code
CHANGELOG20to get 20% off Bronze, Silver, and Gold passes.
- GitPrime – Download GitPrime’s 20 Patterns book, a field guide to help engineering managers recognize achievement, spot bottlenecks, and debug development processes with data.
- Syrus Akbary – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- Wasmer — Universal binaries powered by WebAssembly (Wasm)
- Stop limiting your open source library’s potential
- Running WebAssembly from any language
- Running WebAssembly 100x faster 🔥
- Standardizing WASI: A system interface to run WebAssembly outside the web
- WASI - The WebAssembly System Interface