Running functions anywhere with OpenFaaS
We’re talking with Alex Ellis, the founder of OpenFaaS — serverless functions made simple for Docker and Kubernetes. We talked about the back story and details of OpenFaaS, “the curious case of serverless on Kubernetes,” the landscape of open source serverless platforms, how Alex is leading and building this community, getting involved, and maintainership vs leadership.
Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code
changelog2019. Start your server - head to linode.com/changelog
- GoCD + Kubernetes – With GoCD running on Kubernetes, you define your build workflow and let GoCD provision and scale build infrastructure on the fly. GoCD installs as a Kubernetes native application. Scale your build infrastructure elastically. Learn more at gocd.org/kubernetes
- Rollbar – We move fast and fix things because of Rollbar. Resolve errors in minutes. Deploy with confidence. Learn more at rollbar.com/changelog.
- GitPrime – Download GitPrime’s 20 Patterns book, a field guide to help engineering managers recognize achievement, spot bottlenecks, and debug development processes with data.
- Alex Ellis – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- OpenFaaS — serverless functions made simple for Docker and Kubernetes
- You can donate to support the ongoing development and independence of OpenFaaS
- Announcing the OpenFaaS function store
- OpenFaaS #TeamServerless on LinkedIn
- The Changelog #253: The serverless revolution with Pam Selle
- JS Party #49: Serverless? We don’t need no stinkin’ SERVERS with special guest Jeremy Daly
- The curious case of serverless on Kubernetes
- The Changelog #329: Perspectives on Kubernetes and successful cloud platforms with Brendan Burns
- (BOOK) - Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business
- Inlets – expose your local endpoints to the internet